The funding programme supports outstanding young scientists who wish to implement exciting ideas at interfaces between various STEM fields.
The purpose of the CZS Nexus programme is to support young scientists on their path to an academic career. To this end, we offer postdoctoral researchers the opportunity to establish their own interdisciplinary research group.
The funding amounts to up to 1.5 million euros per junior research group over a period of five to six years.
The research group must be established at a state university or non-university research institution in the states of Baden-Württemberg, Rhineland-Palatinate or Thuringia. The prerequisite is that the research project is located at the interface between two or more disciplines in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- the position of group leader (postdoctoral researcher)
- personnel funds for scientific and technical personnel for the research group (e.g. postdocs, doctoral students, assistants)
- investment funds for large-scale equipment and research infrastructures
- material resources
- funds for science communication, networking, transfer and outreach activities
- relocation costs of the applicant
Funding projects are selected through competition and based on excellence criteria.