Do you have an outstanding project idea, but cannot find a match for it in any of our programmes? Funding for individual projects outside of our programmes is possible under certain conditions.
What we fund:
- Scientific project in the field of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
- The project has a close connection with the federal states of Baden-Württemberg, Rhineland-Palatinate or Thuringia.
What we don’t fund:
- Projects from the field of clinical medicine
- Projects relating to (pre)school education
- Construction work, outside of projects funded by the Carl Zeiss Foundation
- Plans and institutions with a commercial focus
- Past projects
- Public budget deficits
- Individual scholarships, outside of projects funded by the Carl Zeiss Foundation
- Grants for conferences, events and travel, outside of projects funded by the Carl Zeiss Foundation
- Printing cost grants, outside of projects funded by the Carl Zeiss Foundation
- Completion of collections
Your individual funding enquiry:
Please don’t send us a comprehensive application in the first instance; instead just send us your funding enquiry via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your funding enquiry should contain the following information:
- Applicant (name, role, institution, address, telephone, email)
- Project title
- Brief project description (approx. one A4 page)
- Explanation of the extent to which the project meets the funding criteria of the Carl Zeiss Foundation
- Funding amount requested
- Funding time period requested
If we are interested in your project, we will ask you to submit a full application.