Endowed professorships in the CZS focus topics of artificial intelligence, resource efficiency and life science technologies will be funded through the call for proposals. One selection criterion is the practical focus of the individual and their research.
|Topics:|| Artificial Intelligence |
Life Science Technologies
|Programme:||CZS-endowed professorships at universities|
|Funding budget:||5.000.000 €|
The CZS-endowed professorships at universities programme enables universities to recruit outstanding STEM scientists for their research location. To achieve this, we are funding endowed professorships in the three CZS focus topics of artificial intelligence, resource efficiency and life science technologies, as well as related fields of activity. The application is submitted by the university in partnership with an excellent candidate for the professorship.
An important selection criterion is the clear practical focus of the individual and their research. In the interest of achieving a high level of effectiveness, the endowed professorship must fit in with the current profile of the university submitting an application in a convincing manner and must also offer added value to existing professorships in terms of interdisciplinary collaboration.
What are the requirements for making an application?
- The professorship has been newly established and falls within one of the focus topics of the CZS and their related fields of activity
- The candidate must not have accepted an offer at the time at which the application is submitted.
- The university must make an independent contribution for the entire funding period amounting to at least one full-time role for a scientific staff member
- The professorship shall be continued by the university
- The application is to be submitted by the university administration
Who is eligible to apply?
The following universities are eligible to apply:
- Baden-Württemberg: Freiburg, Heidelberg, Hohenheim, Karlsruhe, Konstanz, Mannheim, Stuttgart, Tübingen, Ulm
- Rhineland-Palatinate: Erfurt, Ilmenau, Jena, Weimar
- Thuringia: Kaiserslautern-Landau, Koblenz, Mainz, Trier
Downloads (only available in German)
The funding period is up to ten years. The professors must start within two years of the funding being approved by the CZS.
Dr. Phil-Alan Gärtig
Phone: +49 (0)711 - 162213 - 10